These salads not only taste great but do wonders for your body. Why not treat both your taste buds and body at the same time.
Pumpkin & Spinach Salad - Pair with Chicken Breast and a glass of ChardonnayVIDEO LINK - WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS STEP BY STEP by clicking the link below:
Ingredients: (serves 4 side salads, or 2 mains)
750g butternut pumpkin -
low in calories but high in fibre
Juice of half an orange -
high in vitamin C
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil -
gives a glowing complexion
1 Tbs Honey -
contains anti-bacterial properties
Pinch of Cinnamon -
can lower LDL cholesterol
100g Spinach leaves -
contains anti-cancer properties
Half cup of feta cheese -
low fat cheese option
Hand full of walnuts -
rich in protein and anti-oxidants
Method:1. Peel, seed and dice pumpkin into 1 inch cubes. Coat with 1 Tbs olive oil and 1 tbs salt and roast in preheated oven on 220 degrees Celcius for 20 min. Then set aside to cool at room temperature.
2. Whisk orange juice, 1 Tbs olive oil, honey & cinnamon to make dressing
3. Combine spinach and pumkin in a bowl, add dressing and crumbled feta and walnuts.
Avocado & Mango Salad with
Chilli & Lime Dressing
(Pairs well with Fish & a glass of Chardonnay)
VIDEO LINK - WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS
STEP BY STEP by clicking the link below:
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Half a Head of Green Lettuce
a natural diuretic to rid excess fluid weigh
high levels of fiber, pectin & vitamin C
high levels of folate (helps prevents strokes)
Helps with weight loss & good digestion
high in vitamin C & vitamin A
1 Tbs Olive Oil
may reduce cardiovascular risk
1 Tbs Chopped Coriander/Cilantro
a natural anti-inflammatory (great for athritis sufferers)
Half Tsp Salt
- 1. Wash & Dry Lettuce and tear into smaller pieces.
- 2. Dice up the avocado & the mango and add to lettuce
- 3. Mix together the juice of 1 lime, olive oil, salt, chopped coriander and chopped chilli in a bowl as dressing and then toss through the salad.
HANDY TIP: Double the recipe for the dressing and use as a marinade on fish or chicken.